How to create HAR file on different Internet browsers
HAR file is a file which allows Social WiFi staff to debug why login pages cannot open or why there is no Internet connection when “Connect to Internet” button was clicked.
Warning: Before going through the below steps for any browser, you will need to connect to your Social WiFi guest network.
To generate this file you will need one of the most popular Internet browsers, such as:
How to generate HAR file in Chrome
1.Open your browser and create a new empty tab, then click F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I
2. On your right you will see a strange looking window. On top of it find the “Network” tab and check “Preserve Log”
3. In your browser bar go to example.com, then go through all login steps as you normally would
4. The last thing is to import the HAR file directly to your computer. To do that, click the little black arrow which is on the top right of the window. Your file will be downloaded
How to generate HAR file on Firefox
1. Open your browser, create a new tab and click F12
3. Go to example.com and go through all login steps as you normally would
4.To generate HAR file, click “HAR” on the right side of window, then click “Import” – it’s done!
How to generate HAR file in Safari browser
1. Open your Safari and click “Safari” on the top of window, then go to “Preferences”
4. You will see the developer console. Go to “Network” tab and check “Preserve Log”
5. When everything is prepared, go to example.com and go through all login steps. The last thing you need to do is import the HAR file into your Mac. To do so, find “Import” sign on the right side of screen. Save it and it’s done!