1. Connecting the device to the Internet
Teltonika router should be connected to the Internet using an ethernet port (WAN) or a wireless connection (SIM card, mobile).
2. Access to the device’s administration panel
Connect your PC to the LAN port of the Teltonika router using an ethernet network cable. The configuration panel is by default accessible after typing
http://192.168.1.1 in your web browser. The default login credentials are
adminfor the login and
admin01for the password.
In case of any problems with acquiring access to the administration panel of your device, use the instruction provided by the manufacturer.
3. Device configuration
3.1 Services → Hotspot → Edit
The fields need to be filled out according to the list below (unmentioned fields should be left with their default values):
- Enable: ✔
- AP IP:
- Authentication Mode: External radius
- Authentication protocol: PAP
- Radius server:
- Authentication port:
- Accounting port:
- Radius secret key: You can paste it from your Social WiFi Panel → Access Points → Radius Secret
- External landing page: ✔
- Landing page address:
3.2 List Of Addresses The Client Can Access Without First Authenticating (the order does not matter)
Add the following entries to the list – the order does not matter:
sw-login.com: allow subdomains (✔)
socialwifi.com: allow subdomains (✔)
accounts.google.com: allow subdomains (✔)
ssl.gstatic.com: allow subdomains (✔)
fonts.google.com: allow subdomains (✔)
facebook.com: allow subdomains (✔)
fbcdn.net: allow subdomains (✔)
linkedin.com: don’t allow subdomains
licdn.com: don’t allow subdomains
twitter.com: don’t allow subdomains
twimg.com: allow subdomains (✔)
Open WinSCP, which should automatically open the login window (new session). In the login window, input:
- Host name:
192.168.1.1(IP address of the router to which the PC is connected)
- User name:
- File protocol:
Copy and paste the sw-login.html file from the downloaded archive into /etc/chilli/www folder on the router.
4. Adding the device to Social WiFi platform
In order to add a device to the Social WiFi platform:
- Copy the MAC address from the administrative panel of the device (menu Status → Overview → click the information icon above “Wireless” section and copy the content of “Wireless MAC” field).
- Access your account at the Social WiFi Panel.
- Choose the venue to which you would like to add the device.
- In the “Venue details” tab in the field “Access Point” click the [+] icon, past the MAC address of the device (adding a name is optional) and click “Create”.
- Restart the device.