1. Accessing the device’s cloud management tool
Log in to the CloudTrax portal at https://ct4.cloudtrax.com
2. Configuring the network
On the left, click on Configure and click the SSID which you wish to configure for guest access and configure with the following settings:
– SSID name:
Social WiFi Guest (or any SSID name of your choosing)
– Enable: Enabled
– Visible: Enabled
– Authentication: Unticked
– Splash page: Enabled
– Splash page type: Hosted remotely
– Splash page URL:
– Splash page authentication type: RADIUS
– Server address 1:
– Server secret: Radius Secret available in Access Points tab of the Social WiFi Panel
– NAS ID:
– Block unauthenticated users: Enabled
– Use MAC addr for password: Enabled
– DNS Intercept: Enabled
Under Walled Garden, enter the following domains (one per line):
If you wish to support social network logins, you also need to add the domains below for each network that you plan to offer. Do this at the end of the ‘Walled Garden’ list mentioned above.
Click Save Changes at the top right to finish.
3. Configuring AP’s iptables procedure
On the left, click on Configure and click Advanced and click Root password:
Show. Copy the root password.
Run SSH client (i.e.Putty) and connect to the first AP’s IP address (you can find it in Manage > Access Point tab).
Login to the AP with user:
root and password:
[root password] (copied in previous step)
After login, paste in the terminal window the following commands:
sed -i '/^exit 0/i iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 220.127.116.11 -p udp -m udp --dport 1812 -j DNAT --to-destination 18.104.22.168:31812' /etc/rc.local
sed -i '/^exit 0/i iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 22.214.171.124 -p udp -m udp --dport 1813 -j DNAT --to-destination 126.96.36.199:31813' /etc/rc.local
After pasting the commands, press Enter and the AP will be rebooted.
Repeat this step for all of your AP’s.
4. Adding AP to the Social WiFi dashboard
- Log in to the CloudTrax portal at https://ct4.cloudtrax.com
- On the left, click on Manage and click Access Points
- Copy the MAC address of the AP (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx)
- Login to the Social WiFi panel at panel.socialwifi.com and choose the revelant venue
- On the left, click Access Points and then the + Add icon on the top right corner of the screen
- Paste the copied MAC address of your AP in the MAC address field (you can also include a description in the Name field below)
- Click Create
Repeat this step for all the Access Points that you have in your network.