Social WiFi’s Zapier integration makes it easy to connect to the apps you’re already using.
Currently Zapier supports three Social WiFi’s triggers:
- User Data Push: Receiving data about your clients’ activities in your venue
- Delete User Data: Unsubscription of a user from your venue
- Account’s Venues: List of your venues
Some examples of what you can do using Zapier:
- Control your users in Google Sheets
- Draft an email in Gmail to your new clients
- Send the data to your CRM
- Subscribe your Social WiFi users to a newsletter
How to connect Zapier to Social WiFi
The following process uses the “User Data Push” trigger as an example.
- Create a Zapier account if you don’t already have one. If you’re an existing user, please login to Zapier.
- Click “Make a Zap”.
- Choose a trigger app, let’s pick a Social WiFi “User Data Push”. Connect your Social WiFi account and select the venue you’d like to follow (Make sure that the venue has the Zapier feature turned on in Social WiFi system).
- For the action app, for the sake of this example, choose Google Sheets – Create Spreadsheat Row. Connect your Google Sheet account and select the worksheet where your user data should be placed. Connect sent fields with names of columns under where you would like to store them.
- Once you’ve turned the Zap on, you will automatically received your clients’ activities in your venue.
- Now you can configure second zap managing users’ unsubscriptions in order to remove user data whenever he unsubscribes.
You can also use a Zap Template. These are Zaps that users and developers have created and shared to get you started, or to enable a quick resolution to common pain points.
If you have any additional questions, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.